My Sunshine Shake
One of the most productive ways I’ve learned to start my day...
It’s a no-brainer, the way you start your day will determine it’s outcome.
Start your morning by eating a processed sugary doughnut, and don’t be surprised if it turns into ordering a pizza after work because you were “too tired to cook”.
The quality of our decisions follows us over time. This can also be referred to as The Natural Law of Harvest: reap what you sew, sew what you reap.
So why wouldn’t you want to start your day off strong?
I made this shake for numerous reasons:
- The fresh ginger is the perfect little kick to wake you up!
- Bananas keep you fuller for longer with its natural fibre content. (Besides, do you ever need a reason to add bananas?! So good )
- Turmeric helps cognitive function, it also acts as an anti-depressant.
- Turmeric reduces bloating, and improves glucose control and insulin activity.
- Ginger & Turmeric increase metabolic rate, are anti-inflammatories, lowers blood sugar, and supresses cortisol levels.
- Both Turmeric & Ginger are cleansing and detoxing superfoods: eating them first thing in the morning with an empty stomach can improve their digestive benefits.
- Maca Root powder increases energy levels and mental focus; it is also an adaptogenic! Giving your body the nutrients its looking for.
- Maca relieves stress and balances your mood (Congratulations – you’re now a morning person )
The list can go on, but I think this is good enough motivation to get out of bed in the morning and mix it all up!
Lets get to it…
What you need…
- 1 Banana
- 1 inch piece Raw Ginger Root
- 1/2 inch piece of Raw Turmeric Root
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tsp Maca Root Powder
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup cashew milk (can use almond or hemp milk)
- 1 cup ice
What to do…
- Mix all ingredients until well blended in the Vitamix (or any equivalent blender).
Be prepared to enjoy a healthy and revitalizing morning, setting yourself up for a successful day ahead.
I hope you enjoy my Sunrise Shake! As always, I love hearing from you, connect with me on Social Media and let me know how much you love! xo Margherita